Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £13.50 Concessions: £11.00
"gripping, well-paced and wonderfully staged" - Nights Out In Newcastle
"a lovely production - go see it" - Break A Leg
When the downtrodden animals of Manor Farm oust their cruel and drunken master, it seems a new age has dawned. All animals are equal! But the dream turns into a nightmare as a new order emerges.
Since its publication in 1946, Orwell’s fable of a workers’ revolution gone wrong has been recognised as a masterpiece of modern political satire and still rings true as the early 21st century witnesses a wave of resurgent populism.
This adaptation by Peter Hall has lyrics by Adrian Mitchell and music by Richard Peaslee.
Like our critically acclaimed production of 'More Light' earlier this year, this is a co-production with our talented Young People's Theatre.
Age recommendation: 10+
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Concession price applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- Book for a party of 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount. (All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively.)
- Season Offer - save ££! Book for Hi-De-Hi!, Dracula, Season's Greetings, Go Back for Murder and Breaking the Code and receive all 5 plays for the price of 4. Give the Box Office a ring for details (available to book until Sat 7 Oct)
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan when booking - Row A is the front, Row S is the rear.
- Running time - approx. 2hrs & 10mins (incl. interval)
- Customers are reminded that parking around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and buy or collect your tickets, if applicable).