Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
"astonishing ... It is definitely not for the faint hearted, but you definitely should experience it." - Break A Leg
Nick Dear’s adaptation of Mary Shelley’s mythic fable is a humane, intelligent retelling of the original 1818 novel in which much of the focus is on the plight of the obsessive scientist’s sad creation, who becomes both his alter ego and his nemesis.
Described as being like The Tempest rewritten from Caliban’s point of view, Dear’s adaptation took the National Theatre by storm when it was unleashed in 2011 starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
A gothic classic it may be, but there will be as much pity as horror on stage in our North East premiere of this production.
Audiences are advised that this production includes flashing lights, smoke, haze, loud noises and scenes some people may find distressing.
We recommend that this production is not suitable for anyone under 14 years old.
This amateur production of Frankenstein is presented by special arrangement with Rosica Colin Ltd.
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the STAGE on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME approx. 2hrs & 15mins (this includes an interval)
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration of the local residents.