Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £13.50 Concessions: £11.00
"tremendous ... a real treat. It's funny, it's a classic and powerful!" - NE Lifestyle Magazine
In 1880s Salford, the prosperous bootmaker Henry Hobson is a widower with three “uppity” daughters on his hands. The two youngest have beaus they’d like to marry, but Hobson’s too mean to stump up a dowry. So when his eldest daughter Maggie sets up a rival business with his best employee, there’s nowt but trouble ahead for the boozy, cantankerous patriarch.
Harold Brighouse’s classic northern comedy is an established favourite both on stage and screen. In recent years it’s been reassessed and acclaimed for its presentation of no-nonsense Maggie, a woman who wears the trousers as well as the boots!
"This is a perfect choice for the People's Theatre, the team have once again produced a well acted, creatively staged production. A classic play given classic treatment, it has the audience laughing out loud" - Break A Leg
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan when booking - Row A is the front, Row S is the rear.
- Book for a party of 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount.
- RUNNING TIME - approx 2hrs & 25mins (including an interval)
- Customers are reminded that parking around the theatre is limited & restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive, park & collect your tickets (if applicable).