Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £13.50 Concessions: £11.00
“It is fantastic to see more unusual plays like this being put on and it reminds us why we are so lucky to have the People’s Theatre right on our doorstep.” – NE Lifestyle Magazine
China’s first emperor is dead and entombed in the fabulous sepulchre he had decreed for himself, with its ceiling of jewelled stars. Unfortunately for them, his concubines are immured alive with him in the mausoleum. Used only to dining royally, the starving women soon come up with an ingenious way of staying alive.
The teasing wit of Lavery’s script is a celebration of the sisterhood of women and how people facing extreme circumstances can empower themselves, as the eponymous figure More Light and her sisters struggle to come to terms with their dilemma.
Once again, we are proud to present drama that would otherwise be only rarely seen on Tyneside.
“The theatre has the capacity to surprise and this production [does] just that.” – David Whetstone, The Journal
“An incredibly powerful & absorbing play … If you see it, you won't forget it!” – NE Lifestyle Magazine
“this production will leave you with a feeling of wonderment ... another triumph for the People's Theatre” – Nights Out In Newcastle
- ** INFORMATION **
- Please note, this play is aimed at audiences aged 14+.
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan when booking - Row A is the front, Row S is the rear.
- Due to the staging, the seats in the side sections are unavailable for this production.
- Book for a party of 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount.
- RUNNING TIME - approx 1hr & 45mins (this includes an interval)
- Customers are reminded that parking around the theatre is limited. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive, park & collect your tickets (if applicable).