Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £13.50 Concessions: £11.00
A dilapidated tennis court; a reunion of two estranged sisters; the blackmailing nurse of their recently-deceased father; dark family secrets. Can a ghost story tell us anything about human nature?
In a departure from his more familiar and much-loved comedies, Alan Ayckbourn turns his pen to a spooky exploration of victimised womanhood and sibling rivalry in the atmosphere of simmering unease that pervades the garden of a macabre family home.
This rarely-performed gem by the master playwright is half black comedy, half psychological thriller. After its premiere in Scarborough and transfer to London, The Guardian noted: “Ayckbourn scores in showing how we’re all haunted by ghosts of the past.” We’re proud to stage it for the first time in Newcastle.
"These are the types of performances I think the People's Theatre do best - character-driven, powerful, intense stories" - North East Lifestyle Magazine
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan when booking - Row A is the front, Row S is the rear.
- Book for a party of 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount.
- RUNNING TIME - approx. 2hrs & 15 mins (this includes an interval)
- Customers are reminded that parking around the theatre is limited. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive, park & collect your tickets (if applicable).