Start Times: 2.30pm, 7.30pm
Tickets: £10.00 Concessions: £7.00
This week a cast of fifteen of our YPT members aged 12 to 16 take to the Studio Theatre stage with James Fritz’s START SWIMMING.
George Orwell’s 1984 meets The Hunger Games in this thought-provoking drama about oppression and revolution, asking what power young people have to affect change and resist authority.
The play was originally developed by the Young Vic Taking Part department and it subsequently transferred to the Edinburgh Festival Fringe.
Striking a complicated balance between optimism and cynicism, the play ultimately makes a galvanising case for solidarity in the face of a prevailing system which promises little to the young people of today.
The play is suitable for anyone aged 12+.
This amateur production of Start Swimming by James Fritz is presented in association with Nick Hern Books Ltd.
- INFORMATION -
- This production is in our new Studio Theatre where seating is UNALLOCATED.
- Latecomers will not be admitted.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME approx 70 minutes. There is no interval.
- Our Studio Theatre is wheelchair accessible.
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration of the local residents.
"I’m not going anywhere"