Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £13.50 Concessions: £11.00
“You will laugh all night!” – NE Lifestyle Magazine
“a very funny play and a jolly end to the People’s Theatre’s current season.” ★★★★ – The Journal
“an affectionate adaption and hilarious triumph.” – Nights Out Newcastle
Elderly, widowed Mrs Louisa Wilberforce lives quietly with her parrot, General Gordon, in a genteel Victorian house in 1950s London. She is more than pleased when the charming Professor Marcus rents her spare room to rehearse his classical quintet. Little does she know that her guests are really a bunch of oddball gangsters planning a bank heist.
This stage adaptation of the legendary Ealing comedy is from the Graham Linehan (co-writer of Father Ted), and has enjoyed great success across the country.
The People's Theatre is delighted to bring you this classic black comedy to put some big laughs - and a little darkness - into your summer evenings.
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Concession price applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- Book for a party of 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan when booking - Row A is the front, Row S is the rear.
- The play will end at approx. 9.35pm (this includes an interval)
- Customers are reminded that parking around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and buy or collect your tickets, if applicable).