Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
Past and present are comically blurred in an English country
house as the life of the Croom family in 1809 is juxtaposed with two present-day researchers working in the library of Sidley Park.
The pert observations of Thomasina, a teenage Regency maths prodigy, are pitched against the subdued passion of the 21st Century academics. Meanwhile, death lurks outside amidst the shrubberies beyond the French window.
Stoppard’s absorbing play explores the nature of truth and
time, the difference between the Classical and the Romantic
temperament, and the disruptive influence of sex on our orbits in life - a force which neither Newton nor Einstein could explain.
A smash hit since its debut at the National Theatre in 1993, ARCADIA is frequently cited as one of the great plays of the 20th Century.
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the STAGE on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- SEASON TICKET See 4 shows for the price of 3 (this offer includes Arcadia, The Importance of Being Earnest, Frankenstein and The Gambling Man) Please call the Box Office as Season Tickets cannot be booked online.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration of the local residents.
"It’s the best possible time to be alive, when almost everything you thought you knew is wrong"