Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
“gripping … a brave choice done exceptionally well” – NE Lifestyle Magazine
“crude, rude, offensive – and will have you laughing out loud during a genuinely enjoyable evening” – Nights Out In Newcastle
When an amateur Elvis impersonator is paralysed in a car crash, his family are forced to cope with the aftermath. His sex-starved wife takes a lover from the local cake factory, who in turn helps himself to her cookery-mad daughter. Amidst this comically grotesque ménage, we see dad as the rhinestone-jumpsuited King of Rock n’ Roll.
Lee Hall’s outrageously funny black comedy walks the line between humour and tragedy in a raucous combination of farce, taboo-busting excess, and gross-out satire. First produced at Newcastle’s Live Theatre in 1998, Hall’s early classic remains a vibrant combination of innocent charm and anarchic energy.
Publicity photos by Paula Smart.
Production photos by Jim Mohan.
- INFORMATION -
- This production contains strong language, some nudity and scenes of a sexual nature.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME approx. 2hrs & 15mins (this includes an interval)
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and buy or collect your tickets, if applicable).