● For our Tuesday night performances (excluding the Panto) we continue to provide more space between parties and face-coverings are required for the duration of your visit, including during the performance (medical exemptions apply).
These performances are to help people return to us who might not feel as comfortable in a busier space, and we ask everyone to please be respectful and understanding of the needs and preferences of others.
● While there is no longer a legal requirement to wear a face covering at the theatre, we politely request that audience members continue to wear a face covering when visiting us whichever night you attend.
Wearing a face covering helps to keep you and your fellow audience members - as well as our hardworking volunteers and staff - safe and comfortable when in the People’s. We also want to avoid having to cancel performances and disappoint audiences.
● All auditorium and front of house spaces are cleaned and sanitised between performances.
● Hand sanitising points are available around the building and we encourage you to use these as you enter.
● We encourage the use of cashless and paperless transactions at our Bar and Box Office.
● We encourage all customers to book online and use the paperless tickets option. You can either print these off at home or present them on your phone.
● We encourage patrons to bring as few personal belongings as possible.
● If you have any access requirements, please alert us when you arrive so we are able to help accommodate you appropriately and help avoid any unnecessary queuing.
● You do not need to use a NHS COVID pass when visiting us. These passes apply to very large venues and unseated venues.
We are proud to be a See It Safely accredited venue and we keep our COVID-19 safety measures under constant review.
If Government guidance or our policies regarding COVID-19 measures change between making your booking and the performance, you are required to follow the measures in place at the time when you attend.
What if you can't attend due to COVID?
While restrictions may have lifted, we still request that you do not visit the theatre if you have COVID or are displaying COVID symptoms.
If you have a ticket booked, please let us know you can't make it and we will issue a credit note which can be used to book for a future People's Theatre production.
Please email email@example.com with your name, postcode and booking details, and we will arrange it. Or you can ring us on 0191 265 5020 (opening times here)
We need to be informed in advance of the play you were due to attend (at least 24hr notice, if possible), and cannot issue credit notes retrospectively.
In the event that the performance is cancelled because of local or national Government restrictions, you will be contacted and offered a credit note or full refund.
For more information about your visit or your booking, please go to 'Booking information'