Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £13.50 Concessions: £11.00
"good fun and beautifully done ... richly entertaining" ★★★★ - David Whetstone, The Journal
"To begin at the beginning"
An opening line which all lovers of theatre can quote.
It is 1954. A group of actors assemble in a BBC radio theatre to make a recording of Under Milk Wood by Dylan Thomas.
Performed in front of a live audience Thomas' bawdy, touching tale of a day in the life of a mythical welsh village. The thoughts, dreams and desires of Llareggub's extraordinary inhabitants burst into life through the voices of the actors. Thomas' acute eye and ear combined with his rhythmic and glorious poetry seduce us into this unforgettable community.
Accompanied by the original musical setting of Daniel Jones and more recent additions played live on stage, Under Milk Wood is performed as originally intended.
"If you love the lyrical style of Thomas then you will be in for a treat … The ensemble didn’t put a foot wrong” – NE Theatre Guide
“Lyrical words, enhanced by a beautiful musical score, and soulful singing. Come along, lose yourself for a day in Llareggub. You'll laugh, and love, and maybe cry a little.” – Break A Leg
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are non-refundable.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan when booking - Row A is the front, Row S is the rear.
- Book for a party of 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount.
- RUNNING TIME - approx. 2hrs & 15mins (this includes an interval)
- Customers are reminded that parking around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and collect your tickets, if applicable).