Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £13.50 Concessions: £11.00
“the production of #BreakingTheCode by Hugh Whitemore about the Bletchley Park genius Alan Turing is quite exceptional - and with a stunning performance by Richard Jack at its beating heart” – writer Michael Chaplin, People’s Theatre President
“Breaking the Code is a funny, emotional, heartrending play … the best performance yet from The People’s Theatre. It runs until Saturday. You should not miss it.” – Break A Leg
At the height of the Second World War, brilliant young mathematician Alan Turing was a key figure in breaking the Enigma code used by the Nazis. In the aftermath of victory, Turing returned to academic life but his dreams were left unfulfilled as his private sexual life fell afoul of social attitudes in 1950s Britain.
Whitemore’s gripping drama is a tender portrait of a modern tragedy.
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the stage on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME approx. 2hrs & 40mins (this includes an interval)
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and buy or collect your tickets, if applicable).