Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
"That's the last thing my broken eye saw before it all went black. Do you believe me?"
Julie and Ruby are estranged sisters coming to terms with the death of their domineering mother Iris, who still manages to control their lives from beyond the grave.
On the night after the funeral, Julie gets off with crime scene cleaner Gerry. Maybe that’ll help? It doesn’t.
Awarded four stars by The Guardian upon its premiere at Newcastle’s Live Theatre in 2016 and described by The Stage as a “fierce but often comic play … bruising yet touching”, Iris looks at how we try to cope with grief.
Local writer Alison Carr’s trademark quirky wit turns a claustrophobically macabre scenario into a laugh-out-loud evening of dark humour, broken mirrors and strange bequests.
This amateur production of Iris is presented by special arrangement with Samuel French Ltd.
Audiences are advised that this play includes some strong language and adult themes.
- INFORMATION -
- This performance is in our new Studio Theatre and seating is UNALLOCATED.
- Our Studio Theatre is on ground floor level and is wheelchair accessible.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- LATECOMERS will not be admitted until the interval.
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration for the local residents.