Start Times: 2.30pm, 7.30pm
Tickets: £10.00 Concessions: £7.00
James Fritz’s START SWIMMING asks what power young people have to affect change and resist authority. It was developed by the Young Vic in early 2017 before successfully transferring to the Edinburgh Fringe.
Fritz’s drama sees contentants navigate a dystopian reality TV show in which they question each other and are rewarded for assuming voices of authority or conformity and punished for resistance.
Striking a complicated balance between optimism and cynicism, the show ultimately makes a galvanising case for solidarity in the face of a prevailing system which promises little to the young people of today.
- INFORMATION -
- This production is in our new Studio Theatre where seating is UNALLOCATED.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- Our Studio Theatre is wheelchair accessible.
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration of the local residents.
"I’m not going anywhere"