Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
Naples, 1606. In an unfinished church, a masterpiece is emerging from the darkness: Caravaggio’s first painting since he killed a man and fled Rome. As the artist works, he is fuelled by anger, self-loathing and his driving need to create a work that speaks of compassion in a violent world.
In the present-day, a retired dock worker teaches his grandson from a book of classic art, as around them a community is disintegrating under the pressure of years of economic and political degradation.
Playing out across a gap of 400 years, Anders Lustgarten’s visceral drama confronts the dangerous necessity of compassion, in a world where it is in short supply. First performed by the RSC in 2016, we are proud to stage its Newcastle premiere.
This amateur production of The Seven Acts of Mercy is presented by special arrangement with Curtis Brown Group Ltd.
- PLEASE NOTE this production contains very strong language and partial nudity.
- This performance is in our new Studio Theatre and seating is UNALLOCATED.
- Our Studio Theatre is on ground floor level and is WHEELCHAIR ACCESSIBLE.
- If you or a member of your party require a space for a wheelchair, we’d be grateful if you could let us know in advance.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- LATECOMERS will not be admitted until the interval.
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration for the local residents.
“You have to be tough to be kind. That’s what I’ve learned from you, Granddad. Tough and fearless and strong.”