Start Times: 2.00pm, 7.00pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50 Children: £11.50
“this version of Treasure Island doesn’t disappoint … A thoroughly enjoyable evening was had by all” – InNewcastle
“this show could be enjoyed by people of any age really, it has funny moments that can be appreciated by adults as well as children” – ellen macdonald, theatre blog
Avast there, me hearties! All hands on deck for that most ripping of ripping yarns; an action-packed tale of buccaneers, life on the high seas, and buried treasure. So, all aboard the Hispaniola, but watch out for Long John Silver – the most famous pirate of them all …
If you think you know Stevenson’s classic, think again!
In assocation with our Young People's Theatre, we’re proud to be staging Bryony Lavery’s sharp and imaginative adaptation that premiered at the National Theatre in 2014.
And boy, has she made a few changes! Redressing the gender balance, the teenage hero of the tale is Jemima (rather than Jim) Hawkins, and several other key roles are rewritten as women.
Lavery’s exciting adaptation brings new life to this much-loved old favourite and reminds us that it’s not just boys who long to run away to sea, and that bravery and derring-do are not male prerogatives.
- INFORMATION -
The show is suitable for audiences aged 7+ and we have added an afternoon performance on the Saturday.
For evening performances, please note the earlier starting time of 7pm. Latecomers will not be admitted until a suitable break or until the interval.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the STAGE on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+, students & unwaged.
- A CHILD is a customer aged under 18.
- To select the concession or child price, go to the drop down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or during the hour before the performance starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME Approx 2 hours (including an interval)
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and buy or collect your tickets, if applicable).