Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
"an unmissable farce that will have you in stitches throughout" - Nights Out In Newcastle
"witty, fun and perfectly put together" - Break A Leg
"Kevin Gibson’s thoroughly enjoyable production serves as a tonic amid political mayhem" - David Whetstone
Who is the central figure in Wilde’s immortal comedy? Mr Worthing, who leads a double life as Ernest in town and Jack in the country? Or that she-dragon of London society, Lady Bracknell?
The swift, sardonic repartee of Wilde's masterpiece ripples to us across the ages in an endlessly funny exploration of courtship, hidden identities, and social posturing among deliciously superficial people.
That Wilde’s most famous and crowd-pleasing work has stood the test of time is due not only to its finely tuned understanding of manners, morals, and marriage; the tongue-in-cheek social anarchy that seethes between those polished witticisms rings as true today as it did in the 1890s.
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the STAGE on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME approx. 2 hours and 20 mins (this includes a 20 minute interval between Act I & Act 2 and a 10 minute interval between Act 2 and Act 3).
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration for the local residents.