Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
Deep in the Hampshire countryside of 1913, Edward Thomas: disaffected husband, exhausted father, and tormented writer, scrapes a living. But when he meets American poet Robert Frost, everything changes. Emerging from his cocoon of self-doubt, Edward develops into one of the most influential poets of his time.
But as the Great War looms, he makes the drastic decision to
enlist, confounding his friends and family.
This probing and intelligent drama premiered in 2012 at London's Almeida Theatre and is now presented by us as a North East premiere.
Beneath the shifting colours of an English sky we explore the quietly enigmatic and fraughtly sensual life of this complex character in an era of change and destruction.
- INFORMATION -
- This production is in our new Studio Theatre where seating is UNALLOCATED.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- Our Studio Theatre is wheelchair accessible.
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration of the local residents.
"There’s plenty of saints – there ain’t so many poets!"