Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
"Studio productions never disappoint at the People's Theatre. This one takes them to another level." - Break A Leg
"How lucky we are to have this truly first rate production in the North East. Beautiful to look at and brilliantly performed ... Excellent!" - David Whetstone
Deep in the Hampshire countryside of 1913, Edward Thomas: disaffected husband, exhausted father and tormented writer, scrapes a living. But when he meets American poet Robert Frost, everything changes. Emerging from his cocoon of self-doubt, Edward develops into one of the most influential poets of his time.
But as the Great War looms, he makes the drastic decision to enlist, confounding his wife Helen and friend Eleanor Farjeon.
This probing and intelligent drama premiered in 2012 at London's Almeida Theatre and is now presented by us as a North East premiere.
Beneath the shifting colours of an English sky we explore the quietly enigmatic and fraughtly sensual life of this complex character in an era of change and destruction.
This amateur production of The Dark Earth and the Light Sky is presented by special arrangement with Rosica Colin Ltd.
Photos by Paula Smart, Jim Mohan, Richard Gardner & Tim Swinton.
- INFORMATION -
- This performance is in our Studio Theatre and seating is UNALLOCATED.
- Our new Studio Theatre is on ground floor level and is accessible for wheelchair users and customers with mobility restrictions.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME approx 2 hours & 20 mins (this includes an interval)
- LATECOMERS will not be admitted until the interval.
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration of the local residents.