Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
The People’s Play Award, our new writing competition to find exciting Northern plays and playwrights, is back!
Chosen from nearly 100 entries, this year’s winner is VOLTEMAND AND CORNELIUS ARE JOYFULLY RETURNED by Leeds-born actor and writer Paul Vates.
The two central characters are minor characters from Hamlet – or are they? And where are they?
This fast and funny new play explores the nature of reality, the chaos of war, and the impact of conflict on people’s perception of themselves.
Previous People’s Play Award winners include Peter Straughan (BAFTA winner, Best Adapted Screenplay for Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy), Alison Carr (Iris, Live Theatre; Fat Alice, Traverse Theatre) and Mike Yeaman whose Lucky Numbers has since been performed in New Zealand, Finland and Estonia!
We look forward to welcoming you to the play's world premiere in our new Studio Theatre.
- INFORMATION -
- Seating in our Studio Theatre is UNALLOCATED.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- Our Studio Theatre is wheelchair accessible.
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration of the local residents.
"If this is normality, then we are insane for accepting it"