Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
Alderman Joseph Helliwell and his wife have invited their friends the Parkers and the Soppitts to their sumptuous home in Clecklewyke. All three couples were married the same day twenty-five years earlier by the same parson, and their silver wedding celebrations are to be captured for posterity by the photographer of the Yorkshire Argus.
But these paragons of bourgeois respectability choke on their sherry when it’s discovered that due to an administrative mistake – they aren’t actually married!
Priestley throws a playful spanner into the works of Edwardian society, poking merciless fun at the social pretensions of provincial grandees in the England of 1908. The sitting-room doors of the Helliwell’s mansion form a perfect arena for farcical comings and goings as middle-class values are hilariously punctured.
Photos by Paula Smart
- INFORMATION -
- This production contains smoking.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the STAGE on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 60+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date, and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively. (If other discounts/offers are being applied, this discount might not be available).
- RUNNING TIME approx. 2hrs & 10mins
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please leave yourself as much time as you are able to arrive and park (and buy or collect your tickets, if applicable).