Start Time: 7.30pm
Tickets: £14.00 Concessions: £11.50
Some of the masterpieces that secured Winslow Homer's reputation as the greatest American figurative artist of the 19th century were painted in Cullercoats. Stephenson's play magnificently imagines how this quiet genius settled in a remote enclave of the North East in 1881 and stayed for the best part of two years.
No mere biography, the playwright creates a living, breathing portrait of the artist. The arrival of such an exotic creature from Massachusetts creates an inevitable, often funny, clash of cultures with the local fishermen and women. This is in part a tale of seduction, not only of individual hearts, but of a whole community.
This amateur production of A Northern Odyssey is presented by special arrangement with Julia Tyrrell Management Ltd.
- INFORMATION -
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tickets can be EXCHANGED for another performance subject to availability.
- Please note the position of the STAGE on the seating plan. Row A is the front, Row S is the rear. The Row marked 'W' at the front = wheelchair bays.
- CONCESSION PRICE applies to customers who are aged 65+ or under 18, students & unwaged.
- To select the concession price, go to the drop-down box that appears under 'Your seats' once you have selected your seat(s).
- If you choose to COLLECT your tickets, this can be done in advance when the Box Office is open or on the night of the performance from an hour before it starts.
- BOOK FOR A PARTY OF 10+ for the same date and receive 10% discount. All 10+ seats must be booked at the same time - discount cannot be applied retrospectively.
- RUNNING TIME TBC
- Customers are reminded that PARKING around the theatre is limited and parking restrictions are enforced. Please park responsibly and with consideration for the local residents.
“Every man must have his mystery”